Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Day Wee Baby Alice Didn't Come

Well, the day has finally arrived, although for the last few I was convinced it never would.
For days now the arrival of the much anticipated Wee Baby Alice has been imminent.

Miss Darla, preggers for her very first time, gave birth-effortlessly it seemed-to two beautiful, perfect, healthy........bucks.

Yes.  Two.

That's what I said.

The birth was text book.  They both took the hoof-first goatie dive out the back door like they were flying Superhero goats on a mission.  When those wee noses poked out I about died.

Up and nursing within mere seconds it seemed, Darla took over being a maamaa like she was never the spoiled, selfish goat that I raised with love.

But still.

When I saw those wee noogies the *second* time I will admit my heart was broken.

Because let's face it, it's not a matter of loving and accepting what you get.  If you are a goat person you know the implications.  If your aren't a goat person, suffice it to say that bucks can't ride in the car.  Ev-er.  Well, not if you have plans to keep your friends anyway.

Farmer was great about it.   Or rather, said that we could wether one.
And I'm not thinking about which one right now.

And remember, I am the Goat Borrower.....and Farmer has a farm to run which I've already filled up with Kevin and Dave, so I am now on the Save the Dave campaign as well which makes it tough to ask for more favors in that area.  I'm not sure that Farmer got what he bargained for when he got me.....a crazy lady cluttering up his farm with goats in dresses......cows demanding clementines and wearing designer hats....and a world that, after a lifetime of farming, revolves around the possibility of finding me in the barnyard chained to two smelly homeless bucks.

But like I said, he was great about it.

And time will tell.  I can't think about it quite yet.
I may have to be mature.

But right now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find matching sailor suits for my new boys!  ;)


FERGUS and FINNIAN COME INTO the WORLD






But the one thing I know for certain....Darla Rose will ALWAYS be my Little Girl.........
















7 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Welcome boys! I think Farmer really enjoys having you around, Missy Mimi. :)

Millie said...

I think every farmer should have someone like you to help put things in perspective! Boys are good too. :-)

brokenteepee said...

I missed this post. Congratulations to Darla and her boys!

OneOldGoat said...

Congratulations! Grandmaaamaa! My Leslie who just had baby girl Bella, had triplet bucks last January. I feel your pain. And I kept one of them who I named Fergundus.

Beth

Candy C. said...

Miss Darla did a splendid job being a first time maaa! The boys are adorable and I don't envy you having to choose...

Marigold said...

Darla did good..even if they are boys. :)

Marigold said...

Oh, by the way. Those boys have to be special. They were born on the Goatmother and the Goatfather's anniversary. :)