Friday, January 28, 2011

CAPRA and the MAGICAL GOAT BLANKET PROJECT


MAGICAL CAPRA TREASURE

PRICILLA the BEAUTIFUL GOAT BEAD

SEIKA GYPSY WEE CAPRA GOAT
(didn't she get the tail absolutely perfect?!)

Huzzah!

More treasure has arrived at the Goat Borrower's barn for the Capra Project!

I can't tell you how exciting it is for a package or envelope to appear on my desk!
It changes my whole day!

Booty displayed this day is from:

Seika Gypsy, Ontario Background swirl fabric which, if you look closely, is
from the wee capra goat ornament that my lovely Seika also
sent me!

Pricilla and Patty, MT (from the Maaaa! of Pricilla)
Well, first I have to point out sweet Pricilla's face
on the outside of the package! I'd know that kissable puss
anywhere! Inside I found wondrous, magical beads! The
most beautiful ever! Pricilla said they were for extra
"sparkle!" Then...if you look in the middle there is sweet
Pricilla's face on a goat bead!

Again, my thanks to all who are participating in this project. Everytime a new scrap arrives I picture Darla wearing the most beauteous and magical Capra blanket ever made.....because it was made with love........

xoxo
~Mimi

6 comments:

seika said...

YaY for me.... LOL glad you like it... it is special fabric as if you also look closely at the Tia Dalma dress i made for my friend Caroline this fabric was used on the bodice as well.. so it is magickal to be sure... and Darla will have a most magnificent Capra Blanket. Once I get settled with the renos here at the house and spring rolls up I will pluck the most wondrous willow branches to start creating the woven Capra heads.... :)

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I covet every last scrap of fabric on the Tia Dalma dress! lol

Aye, magic has a way of weaving itself does it not? ;)

xox

brokenteepee said...

I am glad they got there safely. I figured this way I would be there in even more than spirit.

S.Eckert said...

I have been trying to decide what to send you; I was thinking about some lovely beaded items, but I was worried about your sweet baby eating them. You will have to work some magic to make sure your darlings stay safe with all the beaded, lovely items you are receiving! Watch them to see where they can't reach.
I'll be sending something soon. I love your project, but I know how curious our goaties can be!

Millie said...

I can hardly wait to see your darling diva Darla wearing her magical caprine blanket.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

It's exciting to say the least! I've had to stop myself from starting it just yet. Miss Darla will be 11 months old when she wears it for the first time! :)

I imagine it years and years from now passed down to other goats and perhaps even sent to travel......

It gives me a warm feeling....

ps. Sandy- There is NO WHERE that goats can't reach! lol