Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A River of Stones with a Goat....



I looked in the mirror today and remembered that I was no longer a blonde.
That I no longer wore fancy dress-up clothes or did my eyes just so or had perfect, raspberry colored nails to tap things with. Now my hair is of faded copper, worn in
You'll Never Get A Man Like That pigtails and I dress in You Really Must Try Harder ragged gypsy skirts. Make-up is something I usually forget and there is often dirt under my fingernails from the failed blueberry patch out back. And, on days when I am very lucky, I smell of goat.
~Mimi Foxmorton (for A River of Stones)

*My post from Day #3 for A River of Stones Writing Project. You can read my other posts and get to the original project at
www.collagepirate.blogspot.com
It's a fascinating writing project I think a great deal of you would have fun participating in.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I smell like goats almost constantly, it comes with the territory!

S.Eckert said...

I love it. I'll play!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I try to smell like goats as often as possible!
Borrowing goats ain't as easy as you'd think..... ;)

Yay, Sandy! Let's everybody play!
I'm having such fun with it!
:)

IsobelleGoLightly said...

I always smell like a goat. Tee hee.

Marigold said...

It's okay. The goatmother doesn't do any of those things anymore either and we still love her. We goats are nice like that. But if the Peanuts stop coming we may have to reassess.

Claire MW said...

Goodness, for a moment there I could have sworn you were describing me...

Millie said...

That sounds a lot like my human, but she almost always smells like a goat. Or a dog. We goats don't care about hair color or makeup. We only care about clothes if they taste good.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

lol @ Claire....yeah, I remember those days but I'd trade them all for just two wee goats.....
;)

Millie....and perhaps that's why I feel so at home in the goat barn! :)

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Marigold....Oh dear, I should hate to be reassessed.....I solemly vow to always have apple oat bread in my goat snack bag.......
;)

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Then, you, Miss Isobelle my beauty....are very, very lucky and I am very, very jealous! ;)